D187 needs talented teachers to join our team of equity and mission-driven professionals to ensure our students get the education they deserve.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Believe in the potential for every student to succeed
- Value and relate to each student as an individual, with a unique background and set of experiences, to better meet their academic and social-emotional needs
- Operate with a lens of cultural proficiency, sensitivity, and equity and value and integrate different perspectives in the classroom environment
- Create a positive learning environment that supports academic and social-emotional growth
- Collaborate respectfully and effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Reflect on your own strengths and growth areas and be eager to try new strategies
- Innovate and problem-solve to ensure the best outcomes for students
- Step 1 – Application
- Our application is designed to help us better understand your background, experiences, and results around helping students achieve.
- We ask for two essays so we can get to know you.
- Step 2 – Introductory Interview
- After our team reviews your application, we will schedule an introductory interview for promising candidates.
- Step 3 – School-based interview
- If a D187 principal sees a strong fit, you will be called in for a school-based interview.
- These interviews are performance-driven and customized at the school site and are designed to help us understand how you make decisions on behalf of students, what you know, and how you teach.