What is the Residency Program?
The North Chicago CUSD187 residency program is a collaboration between the National College of Education at National Louis University and District 187 that offers a pathway to teaching for those with a bachelor’s degree in any field. Residents will gain hands-on experience in a district school, with a mentor teacher, and pursue a graduate degree in elementary education. Upon successful completion of the program, and a commitment to work in D187 for at least four years, you will be hired for a full-time teaching job in the district.
How to Apply for the D187 Teacher Residency Program:
This program is a collaboration between North Chicago District 187 and National Louis University (NLU) or Relay/GSE
Candidates will need to complete an applications for North Chicago District 187 and either (NLU) or Relay/GSE
Apply to D187 to become a resident teacher:
How to Apply
- Click “Apply to D187 Now”
- Under “Vacancies” on the left, choose the Elementary School Teaching category
- Scroll down and click on the third option “Resident Teacher”
- Click on “Apply” to start the process
- When you have completed the application, click the submit button
- After you have submitted the application, please apply to NLU
For more information, contact:
Ciera McNeal, D187 Recruitment and Retention Manager